PPH Threaded System – Recommendations
PPH Threaded System - Recommendations
- In order to wash your hands after applying our IPS Plus sealer, we recommend using a turpentine-soaked cloth.
- Verify that the threading tool die is clean. You can add a drop of vaseline oil to facilitate threading.
- The right length of the thread must coincide with the maximum allowed by the metal die. An excessively long thread may result in water leaks.
- Do not use power tongs to tighten the 1/2″ to 1″ threads. Remember that a thread subjected to constant stresses may result in water-tightness problems with the passing of time.
- If you detect water leaks, solve the problem by making a better use of the recommended tools, not by overtightening the pipes.
- We recommend waiting for 2 hours at 20°C before pressurizing a system installed with IPS Threaded System products. In this manner, the sealer will dry off properly.
- Do not use Teflon® with a sealer.
- For outdoor systems, use our 4×4 Plus tube or IPSoband and IPSolar tape to protect the system from extreme cold weather conditions or to prevent condensation and shield the system from UV radiation.
- For outdoor suspended systems, we recommend securing the pipes with IPS clamps.